Saturday, January 22, 2011

Review: Silkygirl Shimmer Duo Blusher in Sunny Glow and Updates on P10.



Shimmer Duo Blusher
The Shimmer Duo Blusher pairs matte and shimmer shades to illuminate your features. The matte blush can be used for shading and contouring, whilst the shimmer shade can be used for highlighting. When used together, you can see an instant glow on your face at once. Its ultra-fine texture makes blending a dream. Oil-free and fragrance-free.



The blush is at the bottom of the blush but I don't use because it sheds and it's pretty harsh so I use my Elianto powder blush to blend it in. I really like this blush and you cant see from the way it looks well used. (; The colour payoff is rather good and it can be build up. I usually use both together and it gives a really nice glow to my cheeks and blends in later on with my whole foundation. I dont know what it is but when I pile on too much foundation I usually use a blusher to balance it. Maybe it's a trick or something but it works somewhat. It doesn't make me look like I went overdone with foundation.
As for the shimmers, I hardly detect any when I use the blusher. Maybe it's really really sheer but out of four shades available for the blusher, I like this the best. Others seem a little scary looking. I have naturally pink cheeks, so its really easy to go over with the blusher and I pick sheer blusher and less on the colour cause it'll make me look like a clown. For that simple reason I've stayed away from most blushers but Silkygirl made me change my mind. Good job on that! I use it everyday for work but I probably won't repurchase because there are tonnes of other blushers out there and I think I would explore the market a bit more before deciding on repurchase.
The ingredients list, try to enlarge to see closer. It's pretty good for a drugstore foundation considering I hardly look at Silkygirl at Watsons and Guardians I'd say Alliance Cosmestics had done well with this blusher!

pros
gives a good glow to the skin
colour payoff is medium, not too sheer not too heavy
wallet friendly
easily available

cons
brush can be further improved

That's all for now. Hope you guys enjoy your weekend! (:

Updates for P10
Finished up 3 body lotions, 2 shampoos, 2 body wash(sample size) and hit pan with Silkygirl Duo Shimmer Blusher and also E.L.F Studio Translucent Matte Powder. Will do a round up during the month end I hope (: Realised I had many things that are finishing last time but I sorta abandoned them for abit then now I'm revisiting them to finish up. Gotta make space for the new arrivals of makeup yo. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment