Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Oily Skin..?

My skin type is oily or rather combi-oily, dry around the cheeks oily on the T-zone, which basically makes it a headache when it comes to skincare/foundation. Especially when you take in account your dry/oily areas.

So, what I do is..

Daytime

Cause in the day we need to present ourselves nicely to people, so we need to avoid the dreaded oily problem therefore what I do is restrict the use of any items that are too moisturising that might make me look like an oil slick by mid day. I tone my skin (the normal ones, Nivea, Clinique and the likes) and slap on a oil-controlling moisturiser that has SPF (Nation Daily Protection Face Moisturiser SPF 15), if I'm late or lazy or I just put on a oil-controlling moisturiser (Shills Oil Control Pore Refining Cream) with a sunblock, Sunplay's Skin Aqua UV Moisture Gel SPF 25 PA++ or Etude House's Sun Guard Natural Covering Colour Base in SPF 42 PA++ (sun protection is important in our hot humid country! you don't want to end up with skin cancer now do you?) and I'm good for the day. BB cream and blush is a must though cause I find that it makes me look more awake. :P

Night time

I double cleanse off everything with either a cleansing water(when I'm only using moisturiser with SPF) or cleansing water (when I have makeup on) followed by a normal cleanser. For night time, especially for ladies that sleep in an air-conditioned room, it is a must to use a heavy duty moisturiser and ensures that your skin does not dry off during the night, yes even though your oily skinned! I use Hada Labo's Moisturising Lotion as a toner for night time, followed by L'oreal's Pore Minimising Re-Smoother, Kanebo's Blanchir Superior White Luster N and finally Yves Rocher's Night Cream. Ocasionally I slapped on a sheet mask or an oil reducing mask, ElishaCoy's Herb Clay Pore Refining Mask before going off to sleep!


PS: Just remember, just because you're an oily-skinned individual doesn't mean you should shy away from deep moisturising products because oily skinned is caused by insufficient hydration and the only way skin can combat the insufficient hydration is by providing more moisture, hence oily skin.


ps: recommendations are done based on my skin & it may not be applicable to everyone elses sin

No comments:

Post a Comment